For some reason or another, I really enjoy planning out and putting together menus. I think it started around the time of planning my wedding. One of my favorite things to plan for each event was the structure of the meals. Maybe it’s because it’s sort of like figuring out a puzzle… or maybe it’s just because I really like food, either way I loved creating this summer brunch menu!
There’s just something about finding the right balance of flavors and food varieties for a meal, especially when you are entertaining friends and family. I’m a huge fan of brunch (I mean who isn’t?) and I’ve found just the right formula that will guarantee a perfect summer brunch. Fresh flowers and dining al fresco are a bonus!
What’s on the menu?
Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry and Thyme Infused Maple Syrup
Arugula and Balsamic Breakfast Pizza
Watermelon Slices on Sticks
Owl’s Brew Radler (the first ever blend of tea & beer)
The 4 Essentials to Create the Perfect Summer Brunch Menu
- Something Sweet: Balance is key, and having a sweet item on the menu is sort of like your brunch dessert within the meal. French toast, waffles, donuts and pastries are all good choices. Choose seasonal ingredients to dress these simple recipes up a bit. An infused maple syrup or a blueberry and brie cheese french toast bake, or even a donut topping station.
- Something Savory: I like to make one large savory item like a frittata, quiche or in this case a breakfast pizza. I find it easier than cooking smaller portions of items like omelets or sandwiches, plus it makes for a nice presentation.
- Something Fresh: Keep this one simple- like berry kabobs, fruit cutouts, fresh yogurt or a salad. These are all good choices and something like slices of watermelon is simple to put together and always a crowd pleaser.
- A Signature Drink: Serving a signature drink really brings everything together and Owl’s Brew Radlers are the perfect refreshing summer choice (plus how cute and charming is the packaging?). These look so great right on the table and I love having the option of a drink that is ready to serve. Time savers like these that look and taste good with no artificial flavors are hard to come by, so put these on your shopping list!
Of course, dining al fresco on a gorgeous day with fresh flowers certainly doesn’t hurt your summer brunch atmosphere. It’s no secret that I love having meals outside, even just sitting on the patio and sipping one of these radlers would make for a great time. And since today (June 22nd) is national radler day after all, it’s the perfect time to do just that!
My favorite flavor of the Owl’s Brew is “That’s My Jam”, with hibiscus flower and strawberry it’s seriously hard for me to resist. You really cannot go wrong with any of the flavors and they totally inspired the dishes for this summer brunch menu. If you’ve never heard of a radler and are wondering why there’s a bicycle involved, you can learn more here. Hope you enjoyed my 4 essentials to creating the perfect summer brunch menu, you can get the strawberry and thyme infused maple syrup recipe below!
Thank you to Owl’s Brew Radler for sponsoring this post!
- 5 large to medium size strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme or 3 fresh sprigs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain then serve warm or at room temperature.