Valentine’s Day is just a couple days away, and if you don’t have any plans yet (like me) then I have you covered with lots of ideas in today’s post for how to do a date night in. One of my favorite dates was always going to the movies with my husband when we were first dating. We’d usually do some casual/quick food then lots of popcorn! However now we are lucky if we see one or two good movies in the theater a year (mostly we go for kids movies, but FYI- Coco was sooo good!)
Even if you can’t go to the movies or out to dinner this year, there’s something special about taking a little extra effort to set up your place just for date night. So move that coffee table out of the way and get all your pillows out because this is the list of everything you’ll need to create the perfect date night in.
This post is sponsored by Babbleboxx.com, however all ideas and opinions are my own!
- Snacks – Go for something a little special like Edible Arrangements chocolate dipped strawberries (These are the “I Love You Swizzle Berries”). You can order Edible Arrangements SAME DAY delivery, so even if you haven’t yet, there’s still time! The other snack is Popcorn Indiana Kettlecorn (I could eat bags and bags of this) because you can’t have a movie night without popcorn!
- Drinks – Have these chilled and ready to drink, Travelers Blackberry Shandy goes so perfectly with strawberries and popcorn and has just the right touch of sweetness. (check where to find near you)
- Flowers – These are from TJ’s, and if you don’t have an order in with a florist, make sure to grab flowers early while the stores are stocked up.
- Pillows – Grab them from all over your house! The more the better to set up a nook that’s ready for lounging.
- Blankets – Drape over your couch and on the floor to create a cozy area. This is the blush colored blanket I used (it’s sooo big and soft!)
- Lace– Like this sassy little number from Maidenform, even if it’s under your pj’s! I wrapped mine up as a gift to give my husband. I love the coral punch color for the demi and boyshort and they are so cute and comfy.
- Candles and Twinkle Lights – This Chesapeake Bay candle in “Love + Passion” grapefruit/mango is such a good scent (and I mean the name is kind of perfect). Add a strand of battery operated twinkle lights for even more ambiance.
- Movies/Shows – I’m all about a good binge worthy show or great movie, there’s a complete list of some of my recent favorite shows and movies to watch together as a couple below!
Movie and show recommendations for couples to watch together:
- If you love: Downton Abbey – Binge: The Crown (Netflix)
- If you love: Dawson’s Creek/Awkward – Binge: Riverdale (Netflix, CW)
- If you love: Harry Styles (her)/War Movies (him) – Watch: Dunkirk *it’s not bloody or gory, and has very captivating storytelling a là Christopher Nolan (Cinema on Demand/Rental)
- If you love: Black Mirror – Watch: Get Out (HBO) *A good psychological thriller that is so much better to watch with someone else!
- If you love: Husband/wife duos (this co written screenplay is based on the lead actor and his wifes own romance) – Watch: The Big Sick (Amazon Prime)