Now that my son is older Halloween is so much fun. From him insisting we make our decorations “spookier” and the excuse to break out old costumes is more than welcome. If you’re like me and don’t do “creepy” but want to get in the spirit for a little fun, here are some items for a not so spooky Halloween.
(1) Dancing Witch Brooms. If you aren’t into spooky decorations a couple witches brooms outside your front door with pumpkins makes it festive without the scary factor. Bonus when they are lit like these ones!
(2) ‘Eek’ Balloon Banner. These balloon banners are perfect for a party or just as decoration hanging from a fireplace or taped onto a wall
(4) Trick or Treat Banner. Instead of a wreath on my front door, I have something like this hanging as a welcome sign to tricker or treaters. Works great hanging from a mantel, too!
(5) Buffalo Plaid Pillow Cover. This black and white pattern is perfect for Halloween without being literal and it works for the entire fall season.
(6) Outdoor Blinking Eyes. We got these and they are so funny (and only $11.99). Just plug them in and place in your bushes to instantly have little monsters in your yard.
(7) “I’m a Pumpkin” Sweater. If you have halloween parties or trick or treating to attend and don’t want to dress up, this sweater is an adorable alternative!
(8) BOO Iron Letters. I love how simple these are and they’d be perfect on a mantel or as a table centerpiece with mini pumpkins.
(9) Skeleton Hoodie and Joggers. I’m totally getting this for my son and he is going to be so excited. Clothes that look like costumes are so cute and easy to wear!
(10) Halloween Photo Props. Kids (and adults) will love these and they make for some silly pictures together.
(11) Neon Ghost Sign. Who doesn’t love a trendy neon sign? A modern way to decorate, put it in your front window or atop your bar cart as a simple decoration.