This lavender honey white hot chocolate was inspired by a lavender honey latte I had at a coffee shop in South Carolina a few weeks ago. I already love growing and using lavender (I added 4 plants outside this year!), and this combination of floral, warm, sweet and creamy was literal perfection.
I’m honestly not a huge fan of white chocolate, and prefer dark chocolate. However, for this recipe I thought it’d be best. And wow was it ever! Also, I am such a honey snob because I only like to use Greek honey. You can find some here, and I used it in this pear tart recipe, too. Once you have it you will thank me! It has this unique herbal flavor that is just divine and like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
And this is how you take blog pictures with a 2 year old. He is like a magnet to the chocolate, I swear! So, just like in my peach lavender wine slushie (recipe here), I made an infused simple syrup. The only difference is this time it’s made with honey instead of sugar.
What’s great about simple syrups is you can infuse them with whatever flavor you desire. Then you have them easily on hand to use in whatever you like. Personally, I prefer a simply syrup in my drinks because it is a one time simmer/strain vs. having to do those steps each time you make a hot drink or other recipe. If you need culinary lavender you can find it here.
- Lavender Honey Simple Syrup
- 2 tbsp lavender buds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- Lavender Honey White Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup good quality white chocolate chips or bar
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 oz (4 tbsp) lavender honey simple syrup
- a dash of pink himalayan salt
- whipped cream
- To make the Lavender Honey Simple Syrup: combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until honey is completely dissolved and combined.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let it cool and steep for up to 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a container to remove lavender flowers.
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For the Lavender Honey White Hot Chocolate: add milk and white chocolate to a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring to help chocolate melt
- Add lavender honey simple syrup and stir to combine. Continue stirring until all chocolate is melted. You can add a dash of pink himalayan sea salt if you'd like. I tasted it with and without salt, and it was delicious either way.
- Serve and top with whipped cream
Hope you enjoyed this lavender honey white hot chocolate recipe! You can find more of my lavender recipes here: